Omerta Security’s Cyber threat hunters are information security professionals who proactively and iteratively detect, isolate, and neutralize advanced threats that evade automated security solutions. Eighty percent (80%) of cyber threats are unsophisticated and can be mitigated with good security hygiene, while the remaining twenty percent (20%) tend to be more advanced threats. Still, about half (10%) of these advanced attacks can be successfully addressed with different blocking and tackling techniques. The other half of advanced attacks constitutes the top 10% of cyber threats. These highly advanced threats cannot be detected solely with programmatic solutions. Cyber threat hunters aim to sniff out these highly advanced cyber threats. Their job is to track and neutralize adversaries who cannot be caught with other method. Let’s say a cyber threat hunter is like a gardener. A gardener has to maintain the beauty of the garden (company data), he frequently makes sure to pluck out bad weed (virus) that will slowly but surly take over the garden. Our Threat hunters are like seasoned gardeners that can identify danger be it inside, outside or potential exposure of the system.
It’s our attention to the small stuff, scheduling of timelines and keen project management that makes us stand out from the rest. We are creative, while keeping a close eye on the calendar and your budget. Work with us, and you’ll work with seasoned professionals – vigilant of deadlines, and committed to exceeding client expectations. They say first impressions matter most, that’s why we treat old & new clients the same. Our work speaks for itself that’s why Operating in Silence remains our code to this day.
Because the public cloud does not have clear perimeters, it presents a fundamentally different security reality. This becomes even more challenging when adopting modern cloud approaches such as automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methods, distributed serverless architectures, and ephemeral assets like Functions as a Service and containers.
Some of the advanced cloud-native security challenges and the multiple layers of risk faced by today’s cloud-oriented organizations include:
The public cloud environment has become a large and highly attractive attack surface for hackers who exploit poorly secured cloud ingress ports in order to access and disrupt workloads and data in the cloud. Malware, Zero-Day, Account Takeover and many other malicious threats have become a day-to-day reality.
In the IaaS model, the cloud providers have full control over the infrastructure layer and do not expose it to their customers. The lack of visibility and control is further extended in the PaaS and SaaS cloud models. Cloud customers often cannot effectively identify and quantify their cloud assets or visualize their cloud environmets.
Cloud assets are provisioned and decommissioned dynamically—at scale and at velocity. Traditional security tools are simply incapable of enforcing protection policies in such a flexible and dynamic environment with its ever-changing and ephemeral workloads.
Organizations that have embraced the highly automated DevOps CI/CD culture must ensure that appropriate security controls are identified and embedded in code and templates early in the development cycle. Security-related changes implemented after a workload has been deployed in production can undermine the organization’s security posture as well as lengthen time to market.
Often cloud user roles are configured very loosely, granting extensive privileges beyond what is intended or required. One common example is giving database delete or write permissions to untrained users or users who have no business need to delete or add database assets. At the application level, improperly configured keys and privileges expose sessions to security risks.
Managing security in a consistent way in the hybrid and multi-cloud environments favored by enterprises these days requires methods and tools that work seamlessly across public cloud providers, private cloud providers, and on-premise deployments—including branch office edge protection for geographically distributed organizations.
All the leading cloud providers have aligned themselves with most of the well-known accreditation programs such as PCI 3.2, NIST 800-53, HIPAA and GDPR. However, customers are responsible for ensuring that their workload and data processes are compliant. Given the poor visibility as well as the dynamics of the cloud environment, the compliance audit process becomes close to mission impossible unless tools are used to achieve continuous compliance checks and issue real-time alerts about misconfigurations.
We help you to apply a control permanently within the organization, to verify that eachRead More
the goal is to ensure that your organization's hardware or software resources are used onlyRead More